Director of Students Affairs 24/25
BASIS Charter Schools is currently seeking Director of Student Affairs in the Phoenix Metro Area for the 2024/25 school year!
BASIS.ed is seeking a Director of Student Affairs to support a culture of academic excellence and ensure the success of our students. This position is highly focused on academics, and is responsible for establishing student support programs that lead to exceptional student outcomes. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, our Director of Student Affairs will take a data driven approach to assessing student needs, and thus allocate the resources needed to enhance their educational experience.
- Establish, coordinate, and effectively communicate academic and behavioral performance plans with students, teachers, and parents.
- Provide support to teachers regarding student achievement, classroom management, and overall best practices.
- Lead grade team level meetings and staff meetings.
- Monitor student academic performance.
- Work closely with the administrative team to provide both academic support and social-emotional support for all students.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree with appropriate clearance.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an educational environment, preferably within an administrative role.
- Sound understanding of academic plans and approaches to learning.
- Extensive experience working with elementary and middle school students.
- Experience in tutoring or case management is preferred.
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence.
- Critically, an applicant should possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, and be open to new ideas in education.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.