Director of Marketing
The BASIS.ed Director of Marketing will be responsible for leading marketing strategy and initiatives to support the growth all BASIS companies and BASIS.ed managed schools. The Director will also lead a Marketing team that works closely with Design to generate creative work that supports marketing and branding efforts, including print collateral, websites, email campaigns, billboard advertising, and many related initiatives. The Marketing team provides marketing, branding and online services to drive clear and measurable results for the client groups they support. The Director will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and executing effective marketing campaigns, maintaining adherence to branding standards, including the look, feel and execution of material distributed or published online. They also lead the marketing function in a well-established yet rapidly growing organization that has a distinct mission and a nationally ranked and globally recognized brand.
- Develop, plan, and execute a targeted marketing strategy to reach our audience through coordinated online marketing, social media, direct mail, billboard and other media opportunities.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Marketing team in managing campaigns, developing collateral and delivering content ready for a variety of media channels.
- Develop and implement a system for robust marketing analytics by training the team to have strong command of data analytics, responsive campaign designs, and regular campaign performance reviews (ROI analytics).
- Advise on marketing opportunities and creative enhancements that will maintain the organizational brand while enhancing results.
- Maintain brand integrity and standards.
- Collaborate with other division leaders and the marketing team to formulate and manage budgets across multiple marketing channels.
- Manage staff with responsibility and accountability for performance and results (i.e. coach, counsel, mentor, appraise performance and make employment decisions).
- Recommend process changes and tracking methods for better efficiency, and develop and implement daily and weekly reports, performance metrics, and projections to executive/management team(s).
- Operate with resiliency and reprioritize tasks with a positive attitude.
- Exhibit strong planning and organizational skills, particularly for the execution of project or marketing plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing or related field equivalent of education and work experience
Experience: 5 years in marketing with multichannel experience (digital marketing, social media, event planning, print, direct mail, etc.); experience managing a team of 3+ employees; a passion for education; excellent leadership and communication skill; strong persuasive and analytical skills
Software: Microsoft Office Suite
Education: Master’s degree
Experience: 6+ years in multiple channel marketing; educational marketing experience; thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; experience in an advertising or marketing agency
Software: Workamajig, Hubspot, Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.
Location: This position will operate out of the Scottsdale BASIS.ed office.
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC and BASIS Global, LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. All of these entities expressly prohibit any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.