Director of Academic Programs
BASIS Baton Rouge Mid City is seeking an Assistant Principal of Academics whose primary responsibility will be organizing and running school-related events and programs to support a culture of academic excellence and ensure the success of our students.
The BASIS.ed academic program is consistently ranked among the top 10 programs nationally and is competitive on an international scale. The mission of BASIS.ed Schools is to provide an academically excellent and rigorous liberal arts and STEM focused college preparatory education to all Lower and Upper School students. It is imperative that our employees share our vision of improving the state of education in our country.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Designing and managing the after school program and other school-related events.
2. Supervising all activities related to student registration, curriculum coordination and other school-related programs.
3. Creating and maintaining the Teacher schedule and School Calendar.
4. Utilizing school communications and social media to foster a school culture that promotes high academic achievement and intellectual engagement.
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Experience in an educational environment
- Sound understanding of academic programs and approaches to learning
- Experience working with young students
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in program coordination or event planning is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant should possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations and be open to new ideas in education.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2410966