Dean of Students (K-4)
BASIS Flagstaff is seeking qualified candidates for a Dean of Students (primary) to start ASAP!
The Dean of Students helps lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture. The Dean of Students manages the behavior programs for the school and models how to establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
- Supports teachers to resolve differences in communication with parents and students
- Organizes students arrival and dismissal
- Organizes and reviews results of assessment of numeracy and reading comprehension and problem solving skills for any new student, state required assessments, Comprehensive or Curriculum Gains BASIS program
- Reviews Progress Reports, Mid-semester reports
- Organizes and executes student academic and behavior support
- Manages Teaching Fellows assigned to designated grades
- Maintains student discipline and follows through with documentation
- Coordinates the planning and preparation for new student orientation
- Communicates and meets with parents regarding student performance and/or conduct
- Participates in the development of academic and student schedules
- Participates in the planning and execution of standardized assessments
- Supports teachers in building positive relationships with parents
- Coordinates student academic support interventions
- Participates in all faculty and staff meetings
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS.ed model
- Relationship building skills
- Ability to effectively analyze data to improve student achievement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintain high professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors required, Master's preferred
- 4-5 years' experience in a school setting
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.