Dean of Students - Immediate Opening!
BASIS Peoria - Home of the Scorpions is seeking qualified candidates for a Dean of Students to start ASAP!
The Dean of Students helps lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture. This Dean of Students position manages the behavior programs for the school and models how to establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
- Bachelors required (Masters preferred)
- 3-5 years experience in a school setting (charter or independent preferred)
- Behavior management or relevant experience preferred
- Supports teachers to resolve differences in communication with parents and students
- Organizes students arrival and dismissal
- Organizes and reviews results of assessment of numeracy and reading comprehension and problem solving skills for any new student, state required assessments, Comprehensive or Curriculum Gains BASIS program
- Reviews Progress Reports, Mid-semester reports
- Organizes and executes student academic and behavior support
- Maintains student discipline and follows through with documentation
- Communicates and meets with parents regarding student performance and/or conduct
- Participates in the development of academic and student schedules
- Participates in the planning and execution of standardized assessments
- Supports teachers in building positive relationships with parents
- Participates in all faculty and staff meetings
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS.ed model
- Relationship building skills
- Ability to effectively analyze data to improve student achievement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintain high professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
BASIS Charter Schools embrace subject expertise and passion in the classroom!
Our teachers are part of one of the nation’s most collaborative and professional learning communities. All of our schools use the acclaimed BASIS Charter School Curriculum. At the same time, our teachers are given the autonomy and academic freedom to teach in the manner that suits them. They choose how best to create dynamic lessons that foster student enthusiasm for new ideas and high-level learning. They help guide students to reach their greatest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education, a rewarding career, and global citizenship. BASIS Charter School teachers spend their time teaching engaged students and teaming up with fellow educators -- creating an intellectual, inspiring, supportive, and Collegial school community.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.