Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Data and Analytics Internship
Data and Analytics Internship
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking qualified candidates for a Data and Analytics Internship! This is a part time role working about 29 hours a week.
- Develop and manage ETL processes
- Develop data visualizations to inform network decision-making utilizing Tableau, or similar software
- Update and replicate existing data visualizations for network-wide distribution
- Manage roles and permission settings regarding data users
- Develop specifications for the expansion of proprietary systems that house and utilize BASIS network data
- Perform data entry and data cleaning
- Provide reports and data analysis as requested
- Work with end users to define projects and appropriately model data
- Assist in data checking and quality control of all published data across the BASIS network
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to data requests received through the IT Helpdesk service ticket or communication system process
- Develop policies and guidelines related to various processes in place within the BASIS network
- Provide ongoing training for end users
- Beta test new system features
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Prefer graduates or students in their senior year with or working towards a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Information System Management, Information Technology, Data Analytics, or related field.
- Proficiency using Excel.
- Experience with one or more of the following: data models, database development, application development, database migration.
- Knowledge of or experience with SQL, XML, ETL and Document-Oriented Databases (NoSQL).
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy, quick learner, proactive, problem solver, self-starter.
- Adept at queries and learning new query languages
- Ability to learn and master new systems
- Strong commitment to customer service (e.g. responsive to emails, phone calls, proactive in providing feedback and maintaining communications with school managers, staff and teachers)
- High degree of flexibility, self-motivation and drive
- Ability to work in a high-functioning, fast-paced team environment
- Expert multi-task management, resource management and interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, positive attitude and high level of initiative
- Detail oriented
- Commitment to the BASIS.ed culture and model
BASIS (collectively, BASIS Educational Group, Inc. d/b/a BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and any other entity managed by BASIS.ed), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.