|Department:||Design and Marketing|
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking a Copy Editor for our design team in Scottsdale, AZ!
The main role of the Design Team Copy Editor is to work closely with graphic designers, web content managers, project managers and other departments to edit and proofread content for traditional and online media. The Copy Editor also reviews material during various stages of the project and contributes significantly to the teams final product . This person will work on a wide variety of project material including advertising, public relations, press releases, email notifications, newsletters, internal communications, office memoranda, feature articles, direct mail, social media, blog posts, op-eds, marketing brochures, website copy, formal business communications, school material, and presentations among other potential copy.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Edit and improve content for marketing campaigns, social media, emails and other project materials
- Maintain consistency with content/brand frameworks and guidelines
- Collaborate with designers, web content managers, the brand manager, recruiters, and marketers to deliver customer-centric consumer experiences
- Work together with marketing department and clients for copy reviews
- Partner closely with our brand and writing teams to align voice and tone guidelines
- Proofread for various writers and writing styles while not losing the original voice of the project.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
Education: Bachelors Degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university required
Experience: Experience in a copy editing role with strong proof reading skills is required. Familiarity with different writing styles (AP, Oxford). Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite also required.
Additional preferred qualifications: SEO/SEM plus digital marketing experience
- Organized Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and coordinating tasks
- Detail Oriented Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Communication Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise
- Accountable Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback
- Judgment The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information
- Cooperative Seek out and engage in group participation to complete or improve work. Work effectively with others in a positive and productive manner
- Relatable Build genuine relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background or opinions; maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Efficient Prioritize and execute day to day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productivity and minimize wasted time
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.