BASIS.ed is seeking a Controller to join the team!
BASIS.ed is growing and seeking a hands-on accounting professional for BASIS.ed as part of our central office team. BASIS.ed provides comprehensive education management services to all BASIS charter schools. The BASIS.ed Controller will develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures to produce accurate and timely financial statements. The BASIS.ed Controller serves as a partner to the central office team who in turn support BASIS’s network of top-ranked Charter schools in Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Washington, D.C. and helps drive results that impact the success of our schools and students.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports in compliance with GAAP
- Ensure adequate internal controls to safeguard assets and mitigate risk
- Manage day-to day billing, accounts payable, disbursements, fixed assets and general ledger activity
- Review and assist in preparing general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank account reconciliations.
- Daily cash management and cash flow forecasting
- Collaborate with business leaders to prepare budgets, analyze results and ensure reporting needs are met
- Hire, train and supervise accounting staff
- Assist with external audit as necessary
- Other duties as required
- High degree of flexibility, self-motivation and drive
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and implement new procedures and systems
- Willing to assume additional responsibilities as needed
Qualifications and Preferred Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5 - 7 years of accounting experience including supervisory experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficient in Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with Intacct, AvidXchange Ariett or Concur is highly desired
- Demonstrated success in hiring, training and mentoring
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.