Content Manager/Copywriter - Scottsdale, Arizona
BASIS is seeking candidates for a Content Manager/Copywriter.
Come join an organization that is leading a transformation in standards for public education! BASIS Education provides services to BASIS Texas Charter Schools, part of the highest-performing public-charter school network in the United States. We have an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and successful team of innovative marketers.
The BASIS Ed Texas Creative Services & Marketing department serves as the in-house advertising agency to support the growth of BASIS Texas Charter Schools. The Content Manager/Copywriter will report directly to the Vice President of Marketing and Design. This role is hybrid, with part of the week at our office in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The Content Manager/Copywriter will be primarily responsible for overseeing the coordination of brand storytelling and client communication assets across schools and stakeholders. They will ensure the materials portray a positive representation of the company before they’re released to the public in addition to ensuring accuracy and compliance. This role is also responsible for overseeing content strategy and development, managing execution of content across earned and owned channels.
- Develop communication strategy and seasonal messaging frameworks in partnership with Corporate Communications and marketing teams.
- Develop marketing content and messaging strategy and implement across all digital properties and media channels including website, ad copy, paid media landing pages, email communications, social media, presentations, blog, etc.
- Develop and review content for school materials including brochures, guides, presentations, flyers, survey reports, forms, etc.
- Develop annual and seasonal content strategy and calendar.
- Manage social media content strategy, to ensure organizational representation that elevates and reinforces shared goals and messaging objectives.
- Manage email content plan, overseeing planning and execution of email communications across marketing, student management and parent portal channels.
- Interact with internal team members to create and review all content and ensure consistent messaging
- Partner with Public Relations and Corporate Communications to amplify across marketing and content channels our network achievements, media recognition and accolades.
- Measure the impact of our content initiatives including influence on audience growth, customer acquisition, and conversions
- Other related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, English or a related field.
- 5+ years experience in a communications or content marketing role.
- Extensive knowledge of content planning, creation, and distribution across various channels.
- Creativity and the ability to develop original and high-quality content.
- Proven ability to execute a content strategy that aligns with brand identity, appeals to the target audience and drives business goals.
- Ability to create compelling and exciting messages that help BASIS Ed Texas differentiate from our competitors.
- Experience in creating and managing diverse types of content.
- Solid understanding of UX design principles and how they intersect with content strategy.
- Teamwork and the ability to communicate with team members effectively.
- Familiar with creating content under brand guidelines.
- Written, verbal and digital communication skills.
- Analytical skills to solve problems and find the best way to convey a message.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while working in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- The technological ability to work on a variety of digital platforms and also create web and mobile content.
- Proficiency in the entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- This role may require travel (up to 10%) for training or company events.
Benefits and Salary:
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience
- BASIS Ed offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- Employer paid medical and dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Ability to add dependents
- 401k with partial match that grows over time
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.