|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking an Accounting Manager to join its team!
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to school accounting. Responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Ensure compliance of tax reporting. Serve as partner to school leaders to ensure needs are being met.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Perform accounting operations including billing, Accounts Receivable, General Leger and inventory controls.
- Manage, coordinate and monitor daily accounts payable operations including account coding and maintaining the chart of accounts.
- Ensure Accounts Payable Specialists are productive, adequately trained, work is evenly distributed and positions are backed-up.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and drive changes to processes and systems in the areas of accounts payable, travel management, expense reporting and cash management.
- Manage and comply with all local, state and federal tax reporting requirements.
- Assist with all external financial reporting requirements.
- Assist with external audit compliance as necessary.
- Maintain all accounting records and documentation.
- Analyze financial information detailing revenues and expenses, prepare balance sheets, profit and loss. statements, and other reports.
- Budget development, maintenance, and variance analysis.
- Work with the school business managers to ensure school accounting and reporting needs are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organized - Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and coordinating tasks.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deescalate high emotion situations. Find common ground between conflicting viewpoints.
- Communication - Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete and concise.
- Accountable - Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Cooperative - Seek out and engage in group participation to complete or improve work. Work effectively with others in a positive and productive manner.
- Relatable - Build genuine relationships. Be respectful and inclusive in decision making; work well with others regardless of level, background or opinions; maintain positive and professional relationships.
- Efficient - Prioritize and execute day to day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize productivity and minimize wasted time. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting from a regionally accredited college or university.
Experience: 5+ years of relevant accounting experience including supervisory experience.
Computer Skills: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, extensive knowledge of Excel. Experience with Wells Fargo CEO Portal, Intacct, Ariett and Concur are pluses.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.