Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Brooklyn|
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is seeking qualified candidates for a Teaching Fellow/Monitor (Hours: 7:00 AM -4:00 PM).
Ready to be part of a group of intellectual educators? Do you desire the autonomy in your classroom to satisfy your passion for your discipline?
BASIS.ed is seeking a Teaching Fellow/Monitor to provide support services to the school?s faculty and staff in order to meet the mission of BASIS.ed Schools. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for monitoring student activities (e.g. lunches, before and/or after school) and assisting the teaching staff while learning the BASIS.ed model. This Teaching Fellow/Monitor will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the school preparing them for the classroom or administration in the future; and help in the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture.
Teaching Fellows will be required to attend all staff meetings and any training required of Teachers.
This particular position may engage in any or all of the following activities:
- Monitoring students
- Classroom subbing
- Performing clerical tasks
- Assisting in the Medical Office
- Assisting teachers with classroom management
- Student academic support and tutoring
- Assisting classroom teachers with events, labs, and testing
- Works with teachers in evaluating student progress and gains
- Proctoring assessments
- Monitoring and managing student's non-scheduled time, to include Early Bird and Late Bird supervision and Lunch Monitor responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing study groups
- Coordinating homework and assignments for absent students
- Assisting Directors of Student Affairs and Deans with managing behavior and discipline
- Assisting Directors of Academic Programs with execution of key programs
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS.ed model
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Ability to work with diverse constituents while maintain high professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to manage authoritatively and effectively large groups of students in before and after school programs and during lunch periods
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Experience with children is preferred
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.