Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Brooklyn|
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is seeking qualified candidates for a Teaching Fellow for the 2017/2018 school year!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
The Teaching Fellow's role is to assist the teaching staff while learning the BASIS Independent Schools model. Teaching Fellows have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the school preparing them for the classroom or administration in the future. Teaching Fellows help in the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and can assist with any issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school. Teaching Fellows will be required to attend all staff meetings and any training required of Teachers.
- Classroom teaching both part-time and subbing
- Assisting teachers with classroom management
- Student academic support and tutoring
- Assisting classroom teachers with events, labs, and testing
- Works with teachers in evaluating student progress and gains
- Proctoring assessments
- Monitoring and managing student's non-scheduled time, to include Early Bird and Late Bird supervision and Lunch Monitor responsibilities
- Monitoring and managing study groups
- Coordinating homework and assignments for absent students
- Assisting Directors of Student Affairs and Deans with managing behavior and discipline
- Assisting Directors of Academic Programs with execution of key programs
To join our team you must...
- Have a strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Independent Schools model
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have the ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Have the ability to work with diverse constituents while maintain high professional standards
- Have exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Have outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Willingness to take and pass the NES Elementary Education Assessment, if necessary
- Willingness to be considered for other campuses other than the original Fellow campus
- Willingness to keep current in both subject matter knowledge and BASIS Curriculum teaching methodologies
The Nitty Gritty....
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Getting to Campus: School is accessible by NYC ferry, subway, bus or car.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.