Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Special Education Aide
Special Education Aide
|Office:||BASIS Goodyear Primary|
BASIS Goodyear Primary is seeking qualified candidates for a Special Education Aide for the 2017/2018 school year!
BASIS.ed School teams offer an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You'll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work one-on-one with a student with special needs in general education settings (classrooms, halls, lunchroom, playground, etc.)
- Assist student with staying on task during classwork and class activities
- Encourage student's social and emotional development
- Reinforce positive behavior
- Liaise with the SPED coordinator, parents and other stakeholders
- Support the learning expert teacher and the subject expert teachers in the classroom
- Maintain confidentiality of student records and progress information
- Perform other duties as requested
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree and valid fingerprint clearance are required to assist in the coordination of special education at BASIS.ed.
Additional experience required:
- Experience working with children, especially children with special needs such as ADHD or autism
- Understanding of behavior support/modification
- Familiarity with inclusion of special needs students within the general education setting
Preferred Qualifications: The preferred applicant should demonstrate knowledge and credibility to parents, students, staff, supervisors, and outside agencies through oral and written communication that is timely, confident, and articulate. Experience working with children, ability to perform tasks with precision (attention to detail, adherence to timelines), excellent organizational skills and facility with office technology, and be open to new ideas in education.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.
Job Reference #: 564598