Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Senior Director of Human Resources
Senior Director of Human Resources
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking qualified candidates for an HR Senior Director for our BASIS.ed Central Office - Scottsdale!
BASIS.ed, the Education Management Company for many of the high performing schools in the United States, is seeking a Senior Director to lead the Employee Information Systems and Services group. This high-level leadership position will not only oversee all Human Resources services (employee relations, benefits, etc.), but also will manage the design and delivery of employee information systems, and work with the Chief Schools Officer to set the overall Human Resources strategy for BASIS.ed. The successful candidate will be someone that can thrive in the BASIS.ed culture - a culture that is known for innovation, empowerment, and execution with urgency and accuracy.
- Drive strategy and provide thought leadership relative to emerging trends in the Human Resources systems and solutions area
- Assist with change management in the Human Resources solutions area for both HR specific and other employee programs as needed
- Provide leadership on HR Strategy for services offered to employees and school sites
- Develop policy and provide sound recommendations to create a positive employee experience and an environment that fosters hard work, collaboration and furthers the mission of the organization
Employee Support, Employee Relations
- Provides support to operations leadership on performance issues, employee relations, conflict resolution, progressive discipline and investigations
- Formulate and recommend goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations, including a system to monitor and track complaint outcomes as well as report trends to senior management
- Serves as the point of contact for employee concerns & complaints
- Lead investigations and direct efforts to train less experienced management
- Manages the development and ongoing interpretation of the Employee Handbooks
- Develops and implements an Exit Interview process and reporting
- Develops non-financial rewards and recognition programs to incentivize retention of top performers
- Develops, revises and distributes job descriptions
- Manages the information and communication processes for BASIS.ed employees including quarterly updates
- Demonstrates business and mission value the Employee Support function provides to the business by tracking and reporting key data and metrics
- Develops and administers talent and performance management programs
- Recommends new policies, procedures and approaches to HR and Employee Relations functions
Employee Information Systems
- Create cross-functional alignment with other Information System leaders within the IT and Finance divisions.
- Build and manage collaborative partnerships with the executive business partners in Finance, School Management and IT leadership teams
- Identify new capabilities for employee performance management and IT solutions to enable those capabilities
- Provide oversight and direction on HR solutions and employee offerings including benefits, payroll services
- Lead employee information systems projects and business analysis to overcome hurdles and move projects forward by proactively mitigating open and potential issues and project risks
- Work closely with the Chief Schools Officer and other BASIS.ed executives to ensure employee systems decisions are aligned with overall IT and Operations strategy and architecture
- Manage vendor selection and vendor relationships in the areas of services, systems and partners for employee offerings
- Oversee benefits, onboarding, Leave and all other HR Operations functions
- Provide leadership to staff performing the functions and services to the employee population
- Develop reporting metrics to report activity and create business cases for enhancements to services offered or resources required
- Document business processes that provide clear structure to department and services delivered
- Identify and implement opportunities for greater efficiencies and service
- Knowledge of HR operations and service offerings: payroll, benefits, onboarding, policy development, etc.
- Sound understanding and expertise with Employment laws and employer obligations and requirements specifically in AZ, TX, LA and D.C.
- HRIS Systems design, deployment and management to include ATS, Employee DB, Performance Management,
- Understanding of various business systems and the integration with HRIS
- Change management
- Relationship management
- HR Service offerings assessment and delivery
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and minimum of 10 years of experience
- Minimum of seven years of experience in leading human resources functions, five years with HRIS management responsibilities
- Advanced degree and/or certificate in human resources, business, management, public administration, or PHR/SPHR certification.
- Together with a high level of judgment; ability to handle sensitive employment information with discretion and confidentiality as appropriate, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.