Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Senior Director of Admissions
Senior Director of Admissions
|Office:||BASIS Independent McLean|
Who we are…
Our mission is to redefine education by raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. BASIS Independent Schools provide a joyful learning community, where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established six highly-regarded schools (PreK - Grade 12) in some of the world’s most dynamic regions – New York, Silicon Valley, Northern Virginia, and Shenzhen, China, with more campuses opening in the coming years. We are building a team of highly-talented, passionate, and hardworking professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you will do around here…
In this role, you are responsible for putting into play your love for education and your networking prowess to connect the school to families that are a strong fit for our acclaimed academic program. You must hit the ground running and quickly begin opening doors and personally connecting with prospective families, community leaders, local associations, companies, and feeder schools. You will help lead the admissions effort at informational events by sharing the details of our academic offering with prospective families, answering their specific questions, and providing timely follow up with them throughout the application process.
You are therefore a natural leader who is goal-oriented, dynamic, and a wearer-of-many-hats who embraces the opportunity to expand your skills and truly grow in an entrepreneurial environment. You will drive results through your tireless work ethic -- and consistently do what is needed, when it is needed -- to enroll mission-appropriate students into our program.
You can expect to…
- Plan, build, execute, and measure a strategic and tactical, comprehensive recruitment process that meets or exceeds enrollment targets with qualified applicants.
- Recruit, build, and maintain close and productive relationships with prospective students' families, feeder school leaders, educational consultants, and other referral sources in target markets.
- Implement and lead engaging information meetings, family meetings, school tours, faculty meet-and-greets, open houses, and other on-campus admission events.
- Plan and lead participation in community-appropriate events, corporate information sessions, admission fairs, and other local and national recruitment events.
- Prepare, maintain, and analyze statistics related to recruitment and enrollment, as well as provide summaries and interpretation to facilitate collaboration with enrollment management.
- Develop targeted marketing communications plans in partnership with the BASIS Independent Marketing and Enrollment team.
- Actively lead the admissions effort by working collaboratively with the Head of School and the admissions team, as well as the Director of Student Admissions and the Director of Marketing and Communications of BASIS Independent Schools.
To join our team, you must …
- Have earned a Bachelor's degree, at minimum
- Have three to five years of experience in school admissions, community organizing, event planning, or a marketing-related or sales field with indication of growth and a proven track record of success
- Ideally possess knowledge of the primary and secondary educational offerings in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area
- Possess, act, and communicate in a professional demeanor
- Be an inspirational and goal-oriented manager
- Have passion for results, a strong work ethic, and a winning attitude
- Be dynamic and outgoing
- Be organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task
- Have compelling presentation skills
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, and possess basic computer skills
The nitty gritty…
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools, LLC offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Travel: Some domestic travel will be necessary.
Note: BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC and BASIS Global, LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. All of these entities expressly prohibit any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.
Job Reference #: 526777