Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Brooklyn|
BASIS Independent Brooklyn is seeking qualified candidates for a Pre-K Teacher for the 2017/2018 school year!
Are you ready to make a bigger impact on the education of young students? Our Primary School teaching model frees our teachers up to focus on new and better ways to elevate their students? learning.
BASIS.ed Teachers are part of one of the most collaborative and professional teaching communities. The flexibility over curriculum allows BASIS.ed Teachers to motivate students to reach their highest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education and leading them to a rewarding career and global citizenship. BASIS.ed teachers spend more time teaching students and teaming up with fellow educators. They thrive on the autonomy and academic freedom to create dynamic lessons that provide students with new ideas and a fresh outlook on their future.
BASIS is on a MISSION!
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Teach higher level content than grade standard in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students;
2) Evaluates students? academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports;
3) Communicates with parents through e-mail, conferences and other means to discuss students? progress and interpret the BASIS school culture;
4) Implementation of BASIS curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for the subject and educate students at an internationally competitive level;
5) Collaborate with other BASIS teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment; and
6) Management of student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor?s degree in Education or Early Child Development and documentation of credentials required to teach at the Primary level. Must have a minimum of 2+ years of teaching experience with the demonstrated ability to connect with and improve the learning of young students.
Preferred Qualifications: Master?s Degree in Education or Early Child Development. A minimum of 3 years of experience as a primary educator is preferred. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills and be open to new ideas in teaching methods.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (for the purposes of this policy only collectively refers to BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Global, LLC., and BASIS Independent Schools, LLC.), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.