Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS International Guangzhou|
BASIS International Guangzhou, our newest International school, is seeking qualified candidates for a Pre-K Teacher the 2017/2018 school year!
BASIS.ed Teachers are part of one of the most collaborative and professional teaching communities. The flexibility over curriculum allows BASIS.ed Teachers to motivate students to reach their highest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education and leading them to a rewarding career and global citizenship. BASIS.ed teachers spend more time teaching students and teaming up with fellow educators. They thrive on the autonomy and academic freedom to create dynamic lessons that provide students with new ideas and a fresh outlook on their future.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Teach higher level content than grade standard in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students;
2) Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports;
3) Communicates with parents through e-mail, conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the BASIS.ed school culture;
4) Implementation of BASIS.ed curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for the subject and educate students at an internationally competitive level;
5) Collaborate with other BASIS.ed teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment; and
6) Management of student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree and able to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance are required to teach at BASIS.ed. In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, documentation of passage of a state authorized elementary subject knowledge education test fulfills the highly qualified requirement which vary by state. Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
Preferred Qualifications: A minimum of 3 years of experience as an elementary educator is preferred. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills and be open to new ideas in teaching methods.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.
Job Reference #: 516401