Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Physical Education Teacher
Physical Education Teacher
|Office:||BASIS International Shenzhen|
|Location:||Nanshan District, Shenzhen|
BASIS Teachers are part of one of the most collaborative and professional teaching communities. The flexibility over curriculum allows BASIS Teachers to motivate students to reach their highest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education and leading them to a rewarding career and global citizenship. BASIS teachers spend more time teaching students and teaming up with fellow educators. They thrive on the autonomy and academic freedom to create
Are you interested in joining the BASIS.ed family? BASIS International Shenzhen is seeking qualified candidates for Physical Education Teacher.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Teach higher level content than grade standard in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students;
2) Tutor students in content-specific knowledge and skills to heighten the trajectory of their academic and career success;
3) Implementation of BASIS curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for the subject and educate students at an internationally competitive level;
4) Collaborate with other BASIS teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment; and
5) Management of student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree and ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance are required to teach at BASIS. In addition to a Bachelor's degree, a major (24-30 credit hours) or advanced degree in the teaching subject fulfills the highly qualified requirement. Highly qualified teacher requirements vary by state. In some cases a Bachelor's degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching area may fulfill the highly qualified requirement. Minimum two years teaching experience as a lead teacher required.
Preferred Qualifications: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children, not necessarily in the classroom, and be open to new ideas in teaching. Experience coaching cheerleading also preferred.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (for the purposes of this policy only collectively refers to BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Global, LLC., and BASIS Independent Schools, LLC.), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.
Job Reference #: 458608