Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking a full time Payroll Specialist to join our team. In addition to our corporate office, we process payroll for 2000+ employees on a semi-monthly schedule, with both an hourly and salary schedule. Consequently, we're looking for an experienced professional who understands the unique factors involved in processing payroll for multiple locations. We're seeking someone who is familiar with multiple states payroll processes, willing to lend his or her skills to other tasks when the opportunity arises.
- Compile, Input, and process payroll information producing paychecks for approximately 2,000+ employees in a multi-state payroll setting.
- Ensure payroll data input is accurate, complete and entered on time.
- Resolve payroll issues and respond quickly to all payroll related questions.
- Process off-cycle payments and manual checks.
- Prepare and distribute all required payroll reports according to the appropriate schedule.
- Verification and maintenance of all paid time off accruals
- Setup and maintenance of all employee deductions and company contributions
- Maintenance of employee information including direct deposit and tax withholding setup
- Research, review, and analyze payroll data (PTO, Health Benefit Premiums, 401K, 401K Loans, etc.)
- Prepare various reports such as payroll analysis trends, benefits, and 401K
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years' experience in payroll
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (ex. Pivot Tables, VLookups, Formulas, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with multi state payroll preferred
- Proficiency in all other MS Office applications is a plus but not required
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Familiarity with ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, DOL, and IRS regulations.
- Detail oriented
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (for the purposes of this policy only collectively refers to BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Global, LLC., and BASIS Independent Schools, LLC.), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.