Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking a full time Payroll Manager to join our team. In addition to our corporate office, we process payroll for 2000+ employees on a semi-monthly schedule, with both an hourly and salary schedule. Consequently, we?re looking for an experienced professional who understands the unique factors involved in processing payroll for multiple locations. We?re seeking someone who is familiar with multiple states payroll processes, willing to lend his or her skills to other tasks when the opportunity arises.
- Review of current payroll processes, identifying areas of improvement and facilitating implementation of any necessary changes.
- Payroll administration utilizing knowledge of applicable federal and state laws. Ability to create policy based on knowledge of these laws.
- Analyzes, prepares and oversee the inputting of payroll data. Typically uses automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Has authority for personnel actions and oversees most day to day operations of group, managing a team of two payroll specialists.
- Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR, benefits and other related areas and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Oversees year-end preparations as well as quarterly adjustments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Five plus years Payroll management experience required in multi-state, multi-location.
- Ability to multi-task projects and required tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as self-motivated in individual projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written to all levels of the organization.
- Fluently competent with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Suites.
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (for the purposes of this policy only collectively refers to BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Global, LLC., and BASIS Independent Schools, LLC.), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.