Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed Central Office Scottsdale is seeking qualified candidates for a Payroll Administrator!
Under direction from the Controller, the payroll administrator oversees payroll for BASIS Independent Schools and all of our 300+ employees across multiple states and abroad. The payroll administrator is responsible for the organization’s payroll processing, inputting changes and payments, payroll auditing and day-to-day tasks. This position requires an extremely detail orientated person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for preparation and processing semi-monthly and monthly payroll for 300+ employees with operations in AZ, CA, NY, VA, WA, and internationally.
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance, and employee deductions.
- Poll electronic time clocks and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy.
- Contact various supervisors for any missed times.
- Process transfer of payroll data to payroll system.
- Compile internal reports from payroll system software.
- Perform necessary payroll audits for semi-monthly and monthly payroll.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Responsible for the coordination efforts between payroll, human resources and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of payroll data.
- Responsible for year-end reconciliation and reporting.
- Perform payroll and benefit allocations per accounting requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Business Administration/Finance, Accounting Degree preferred
- Two plus years in a payroll office performing all payroll functions
- Excellent skills using Microsoft Office software
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Experience in international payroll preferred
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (for the purposes of this policy only collectively refers to BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Global, LLC., and BASIS Independent Schools, LLC.), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.