Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent McLean|
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for an Operations Director!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
BASIS Independent McLean is looking for an Operations Director to drive development of non-academic programs to support our growing newest Independent School in McLean, VA. This leadership-track position will play a pivotal role in building a robust and highly functional operational infrastructure to support our students, parents and families. You will use your creativity and sound understanding of financial and business practices to expand and improve the quality and efficiency of programs including summer day camps, facility rentals, transportation and catering programs, a textbook marketplace, and more. Your ability to adapt to and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment will constantly be tapped as you look for new ways to improve services and optimize revenue streams. You will drive results through tireless work ethic, meeting deadlines and knowing where the team stands in progressing toward key targets and goals.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist Head of Operations with creating and refining revenue streams and with expense control through budget management
- Assist Head of Operations with creating a strategic plan for non-academic programs, and lead its execution
- Assist with Operations vendor contracts and management
- Manage day to day processing of tuition and fees using our tuition management system and providing reports as requested
- Communicate with families regarding Operations inquires including but not limited to tuition fees, transportation, catering and the facility
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies and maintain documentation of policies and procedures
- Monitor and execute training and documentation of operational compliance with local, state, federal and BASIS mandates.
To join our team you must...
- Have a sound understanding of basic accounting practices
- Have a strong customer service-centric approach
- Have excellent organization, high attention to detail, and a penchant for process documentation
- Have excellent negotiating skills
- Have the ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial/start-up environment and adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration or work experience in a related field such as office, facilities or hospitality management
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and a collaborative management style.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view and creatively problem solve on the fly
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Strong work-ethic and desire to help wherever and whenever needed to make the school successful
- Must be a self-starter and a supportive team player
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Passion for education
- Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook) skills are essential
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.
Job Reference #: 548359