Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Manhattan|
BASIS Independent Manhattan is seeking qualified candidates for an Operations Coordinator for the 2017/2018 school year!
BASIS Independent Manhattan is part of a network of schools that educates students at an internationally competitive level, with BASIS students outperforming their peers in countries with acclaimed education systems such as Finland, Korea, and China. We are looking for an Operations Assistant to support the execution of non-academic programs at our new school opening in Manhattan. This key position will play a pivotal role in building a robust and highly functional operational infrastructure to support our students, parents and families. You will use your creativity and familiarity with financial and business practices to expand and improve the quality and efficiency of programs. Your ability to adapt to and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment will constantly be tapped as you look for new ways to improve services. You will drive results through tireless work ethic, meeting deadlines and knowing where the team stands in progressing toward key targets and goals.
- Perform general office, receptionist, administrative and clerical duties
- Assist with invoice processing
- Assist with ordering, tracking and distribution
- Assist with management of school inventory
- Assist with organization, set-up and execution of school events
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Desire to work in a role and environment serving children
- Ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintain high professional standards
- Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and creative
- Basic accounting skills
- Bachelor's degree;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and a collaborative working style.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view and creatively problem-solve on the fly
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Strong work-ethic and desire to help wherever and whenever needed to make the school successful
- Must be a self-starter and a supportive team player
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Passion for education
- Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook) skills are essential
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Experience with retail or property management preferred
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC and BASIS Global, LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. All of these entities expressly prohibit any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.
Job Reference #: 511906