Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Morning Crossing Guard
Morning Crossing Guard
BASIS Scottsdale is seeking qualified candidates for a Morning Crossing Guard!
BASIS.ed School teams offer an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You’ll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
BASIS Scottsdale is seeking a part-time Morning Crossing Guard. This position will require availability five days a week, 6:30AM - 8:30AM. The Crossing Guard plays an important role in the safety and welfare of the students.
This position will report to the Head of Operations.
- Provides traffic and parking control for the purpose of maintaining efficient and orderly traffic flow.
- Enforces all school rules.
- Stop traffic for parents and students crossing street.
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g. fights, injuries, incidents, suspicious activities, etc.) for the purpose of addressing immediate safety concerns.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Operations.
- Ability to command respect and work with students in a positive manner.
- A high level of commitment to the school and the students.
- Ability to stand for the entire shift and endure all weather conditions.
Minimum Qualifications: A high school diploma, training and/or experience in a safety related function. A valid fingerprint clearance card is required to work at BASIS.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in a security related work environment is desirable.
Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
NOTE: Arizona applicants are encouraged to begin the fingerprint process as soon as possible as current wait times may exceed 6 weeks. For more information, visit http://www.azdps.gov/services/Fingerprint/.
BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc. and BTX Schools, Inc.), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.