Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Marketing and Enrollment Coordinator
Marketing and Enrollment Coordinator
|Department:||Enrollment & Communication|
|Office:||BASIS Independent Schools Central Office - New York City|
|Location:||New York City, NY|
Looking for a unique opportunity to join a team of marketers at one of the fastest growing educational organizations in the country? BASIS Independent Schools is seeking qualified candidates for a Marketing & Enrollment Coordinator!
Who we are...
Our mission is redefining education by raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. BASIS Independent Schools provide a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established six highly-regarded BASIS Curriculum schools (K-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of highly-talented, passionate, and driven professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What we're looking for...
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking a Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join our growing central Marketing and Communications Department. In this exciting role, you will be instrumental in supporting the critical efforts of both the Marketing and Enrollment departments-departments that are the engines of growth for our young network of domestic independent schools. You will be a key driver of supporting the growing of visibility of our national brand of high performing schools among students, parents, and families looking for an exceptional education. Your incredible organizational skills, communication skills, and your ability to anticipate and respond to the operational and organizational needs of our department will constantly be tapped as you drive our team forward. From helping maintain our central archive of files and creatives to playing a key role in the media planning and buying process for all of our campuses, your work will be instrumental in improving the efficacy of our Marketing and Communications efforts. The position reports to the Managing Director of Marketing and Communications of BASIS Independent Schools with direct accountability to the Director of Marketing.
In this role, you can expect to do the following things:
- Assist the Marketing and Communications team in planning and executing paid marketing efforts, which includes contacting and meeting with media reps, collecting and reviewing media proposals, and trafficking creative.
- Manage the insertion order and invoicing process from start to finish, including checking against plans and verifying placements with the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Act as the gate keeper and maintainer of our media schedules to monitor deadlines and media placement launches.
- Maintain organization and oversight of our digital archive, including saving and organizing key documents.
- Create, maintain, and expand industry contacts list and key sites for outreach for growing awareness.
- Maintain accuracy of information of online listings.
- Run weekly reports on marketing performance.
- Help us keep an accurate record of meetings with each campus via meeting notes and next steps.
- As needed, liaise with web developers and designers on creative development and website updates, participate in the coordination of video shoots, photo shoots, and press visits.
- Build and process expense reports, purchase requests, and other document maintenance.
To Join Our Team, You Must...
- Have incredible organizational skills - ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and balancing many tasks.
- Be highly detail-oriented - ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.-
- Find great joy in creating and following process - this skillset will be tapped constantly as you streamline processing a large volume of invoices and effectively maintaining good partnerships with vendors.
- Be a clear and ready communicator - effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicate in a manner that is clear, complete, and concise.
- Understand the importance of accountability - ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback.
- Demonstrate sound judgment - the ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Be comfortable collaborating with many different people and departments - your role will require seeking out information/collaboration from many parts of our organization to complete or improve work and to work effectively with them in a positive and productive manner.
- Be uncannily efficient - prioritize and execute day-to-day responsibilities to best respond to business demands. Maximize your productivity and help others do the same.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required - a degree in Marketing or Communications or 1-2 years of experience is a plus. Recent grads with internship experience are also encouraged to apply!
Experience: Prior roles or internships requiring administrative and operational support and experience with strategic planning, advertising, and/or media planning and buying. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) required. You must be organized, tech-savvy, and ready to learn!
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC and BASIS Global, LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. All of these entities expressly prohibit any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.