Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Kitchen Staff (Hourly)
Kitchen Staff (Hourly)
|Office:||BASIS Phoenix South Primary|
BASIS Phoenix South Primary is seeking qualified candidates for Kitchen Staff (Hourly) for the 2017/2018 school year!
BASIS.ed School teams offer an incredible opportunity to be deeply involved in an academic community that is dynamic, exciting and unpredictable. You’ll join others in a highly social, supportive and collaborative environment.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintain production records, inventory reports, and other materials essential.
- Knowledge of the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) is helpful.
• Maintains the kitchen and storage areas, including equipment utensils and floors in a neat and sanitary fashion.
• Operates commercial food service equipment, cutlery and various equipment and utensils.
• Monitor temperatures on milk cooler, fridge and freezer daily.
• Wash and sanitize lunch tables and work stations.
• Receive fresh fruit and food items and store them in the proper temperature requirements for the next day and/or the rest of the week.
• Place food for that day on trays to cook in the oven at the proper heating instructions.
• Prepare lunch trays that meet nutritional recommendations for number of students to serve.
• Checking off names of students based on status of free, reduced and paid and keeping a track of food waste and students balance.
• Serve food and controls food line activities to assure orderly and efficient meal service.
- Certified Food Manager (can obtain this upon being hired through training).
Minimum Qualifications: A high school diploma and valid fingerprint clearance are required to work at BASIS.ed.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with children is preferred. Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment, and will be able to stand for long periods of time inside and outside of the building.
Additional Job Information:
Note: BASIS (for the purposes of this policy only collectively refers to BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Global, LLC., and BASIS Independent Schools, LLC.), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.