Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS International Shenzhen|
|Location:||Nanshan District, Shenzhen|
Are you interested in joining the BASIS.ed family? BASIS International Shenzhen, is seeking qualified candidates for the 2016/17 school year!
GROWTH! BASIS.ed has started 19 new schools since 2010, and has vast experience and knowledge about what it takes to build the BASIS.ed school culture from the ground up, from day one. In fact, it takes every school leader, every administrator, and every teacher living and breathing the same message day after day: the message that all students can excel if they are willing to work hard, seek help from our teachers, and hold themselves and each other in high regard.
BASIS.ed is on a MISSION! BASIS.ed seeks to educate students at an internationally competitive level. With raised academic expectations, implemented through an accelerated curriculum, BASIS.ed prepares students to compete with their peers in countries with high performing educational systems, such as Finland, Canada, Japan and Korea. The BASIS.ed educational philosophy, which is quite straightforward, rests on three legs: a rigorous curriculum, student accountability and knowledgeable and effective teachers.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Teach higher level content than grade standard in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students;
2) Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports;
3) Communicates with parents through e-mail, conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the BASIS.ed school culture;
4) Implementation of BASIS.ed curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for the subject and educate students at an internationally competitive level;
5) Collaborate with other BASIS.ed teachers to form a community of smart, talented and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment; and
6) Management of student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect and individuality in all students.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree and able to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance are required to teach at BASIS.ed. In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, documentation of passage of a state authorized elementary subject knowledge education test fulfills the highly qualified requirement which vary by state.
Preferred Qualifications: A minimum of 3 years of experience as an elementary educator is preferred. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills and be open to new ideas in teaching methods.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.
Job Reference #: 441939