Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS Educational Ventures is seeking qualified candidates for an IT Director!
At BASIS Educational Ventures, the Director of IT will play a critical role in developing IT strategy, and driving day to day operations. The position is responsible for the design, development, release and maintenance of technology systems and services for all enterprise business functions and companies. The ideal candidate will possess a strong sense of ownership, deep knowledge in a variety of technologies, and broad problem solving experience. The IT Director role at BASIS Educational Ventures requires both a skilled infrastructure manager, as well as a skilled customer facing application support manager suite of skills. The Director of IT reports directly to the Chief Information Officer of the company.
- Build and improve relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Review the performance of IT systems to determine operating costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Direct the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of said IT services and systems; collaborate with project leaders and project sponsors to determine scope, priority, budget and vision; track project status and take corrective action as necessary.
- Implement IT policies and procedures, including those for computer usage, security, disaster recovery; communicate and enforce policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Develop and review budgets ensuring they comply with stated objectives; monitor and forecast spending levels; develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT initiatives.
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of business continuity plans and procedures to support the continuance of company operations during a business disruption.
- Assist in research on emerging technology solutions in support of new initiatives and opportunities and make recommendations to customers and/or management.
- Benchmark and make recommendations for the improvement of said IT infrastructure.
- Maintain an audit readiness posture for IT security systems and applications.
- Manage security of network, systems, and enterprise information.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 10 or more years in IT and business/industry; 5 years of leadership responsibilities managing multiple, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of infrastructure planning and operations, design, and deployment, as well as system life cycle management
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies and strategic application to business needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management and resource management
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Educational Ventures offers a comprehensive benefits package.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.