Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
|Office:||BASIS Independent Schools Central Office - Scottsdale|
Who we are…
Our mission is redefining education by raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. BASIS Independent Schools provide a joyful learning community, where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established six highly-regarded schools (K-12) in some of the world’s most dynamic regions – New York, Silicon Valley, Northern Virginia, and Shenzhen, China, with more campuses opening in the coming years. We are building a team of highly-talented, passionate and hardworking professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to…
- Assist in employee onboarding as well as overseeing the full life cycle of employees
- Assist in the coordination of benefits administration
- Serve as point of contact for employee concerns and complaints
- Assist in resolving employee relations issues by utilizing in-depth knowledge, excellent problem solving and relationship skills
- Monitor and track complaint outcomes, as well as report trends to HR Director
- Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of federal and state employment law requirements ensuring regulatory compliance and reducing legal risks
- Ensure compliance with BASIS Independent Schools policies and ensure a consistent practice
- Manage updates and ongoing interpretation of the employee handbook
- Assist in updates of policy changes
- Administer talent and performance management programs to support a high performing culture
- Monitor employee exit trends and recommends intervention programs as needed
- Recommend HR strategic solutions by tracking, analyzing and reporting key metrics
- Manage Fingerprint Clearance requirements for all states BASIS Independent Schools operates in, this includes researching new state requirements, conducting internal audits, and assisting employees with the process to obtain clearance
- Manage leave of absence program including FMLA, STD and LTD. Coordinates leave planning with employees, benefit premium arrangements, schedule of payroll paychecks, return from leave processing
- Manage unemployment claims
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the department
To join our team you must…
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Aligns work with strategic goals
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically
- Adaptability - Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and minimum of five years of human resource experience.
- Thorough knowledge of strategic HR practices, HR principles and employee relations is required.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Experience with multi-state employment laws, particularly in CA, NY, VA.
- International experience and specifically experience working with China, is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, and employee HR Information System platforms.
- Ability to work outside of the core business hours when necessary
- Travel as appropriate
The nitty gritty…
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent offers a comprehensive benefits package.
BASIS (for the purposes of this policy only collectively refers to BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Global, LLC., and BASIS Independent Schools, LLC.), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.