Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Manhattan|
BASIS Independent Manhattan is seeking qualified candidates for a Health Coordinator for the 2017/2018 school year!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
The Health Coordinator, reporting to the Head of Operations, will be responsible for overseeing and providing services related to maintaining the health and wellness of students. The Health Coordinator will monitor student health needs and provide appropriate health interventions and services.
- Provide onsite medical support: treat minor injuries, collect and file required forms, organize and maintain student medication cabinet, and administer student medication.
- Organize, maintain and update student records (including collection of records from student previous schools and immunization records).
- Ensure compliance with applicable City, State and Federal health regulations.
- Establish and maintain a high level of neatness, cleanliness, and organization in the school health clinic.
- Oversee and develop protocol for a hygienic facility and communicate to staff, faculty, and students.
- Provide and promote relationships between community health providers and students, parents, and the community at large.
- Performing office tasks related to student data collection, parent-school communication, and student-office communication.
- Additional tasks and projects as needed to support the entire school function.
Minimum Qualifications: A High School diploma and valid fingerprint clearance. Experience treating minor injuries and/or providing medical support to patients or students. Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate issued by an authorized agency. Flexible hours are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Medical Assistant, or Licensed Practical Nurse background strongly preferred. Knowledge of communicable disease prevention and medication protocol. Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, and will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment.
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Job Reference #: 547686