Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Head of School
Head of School
|Office:||BASIS Baton Rouge|
|Location:||Baton Rouge, LA|
BASIS Baton Rouge is seeking qualified candidates for a Head of School!
The Head of School is charged with the comprehensive responsibility for all activities involving students and faculty at the school site in creating a culture and atmosphere of the love of learning, intellectual collaboration and measurable results. The Head of School hires, trains, mentors and develops the faculty that provides outstanding classroom instruction leading to high achieving successful students. The Head of School is accountable for building strong relations with the community in order to facilitate the fundraising necessary for teacher incentive and booster participation.
- Acts as the educational leader of the school, responsible for its day to day academic operation
- Directs the activities of the faculty
- Chief Articulator of the mission and goals of BASIS for faculty, parents and students
- Observes, supervise and evaluates faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum
- Ensures an environment in which learning can take place through a school climate that is supportive and high morale
- Oversees the activities of the school directors and meets regularly with them to assess student performance
- Ensures compliance with all legal requirements of government regulations and agencies
- Establishes programs for the orientation of new faculty
- Conducts regular meetings with faculty to exchange information and ideas
- Oversees the coordination of auxiliary programs
- Manages the processes necessary for the development of the master school schedule; assigns teachers and students to classes and other obligations
- Serves as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methods and school procedures
- Oversees academic guidance, grading and standards for student assessment
- Is a visible presence in all areas of the school
- Where applicable, oversees college guidance in the achieving the goals for college admittance and financial aid/scholarship dollars
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS model
- Ability to effectively analyze data to improve student achievement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintain high professional standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree; Masters preferred
- 5-7 years' experience in a school setting, preferably charter or independent
- 2+ years' experience managing, leading and motivating people
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Job Reference #: 602021