Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent McLean|
BASIS Independent McLean is seeking qualified candidates for a Facilities Coordinator!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
- Manage and maintain the facility, building and grounds and all equipment, Fixed Assets, Cleaning supplies, Etc.
- Schedule and manage all facilities work orders
- Maintain Preventive maintenance program
- Maintain Emergency preparedness program
- Assess and repair maintenance issues
- Maintain file on work orders, proposals, and all other facilities related file
- Support school events conducted at the facility and provide needed equipment and set-up
- Provide building security during times of school shut-down
- Support the Head of Operations on other projects and tasks.
To join our team you must...
- Have the ability to make quick & important facilities related decisions
- Have the ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Have the ability to think critically
- Have the ability to implement and adjust procedures
- Be adaptable to change
- Have the ability to lift 25-50 lbs
- Be able to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Be able to handle basic facilities responsibilities; such as painting, minor repairs and event set up
- Posses strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Be able to stand for long periods of time inside and outside of the building
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance is required to work at BASIS
- 2-3 years of facilities and building maintenance experience
- Experience handling facility maintenance
- Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment
- Ability to work a late shift (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.
Job Reference #: 599944