Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Fremont|
BASIS Independent Fremont is seeking qualified candidates for a Facilities Coordinator!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for managing various facility and operational aspects of the school that are critical to providing a successful educational environment to our students and staff. This is accomplished through detailed attention to the cleanliness and functional operability and safety of the physical school building.
The Facilities Coordinator will need to be resourceful in solving problems, be proactive in addressing potential issues, maintaining equipment and address facility needs with minimal direction. A successful candidate will enjoy working with school aged students.
- Manage and maintain the facilities, buildings and grounds and all equipment including IT, Fixed Assets, Cleaning supplies, test books, etc.
- Maintain all data and accounting for inventory.
- Work with vendors and oversee contractors as necessary.
- Support school events conducted at the facility and provide needed equipment and set-ups.
- Provide building security during times of school shut-down.
- Communicate effectively with your Facilities Manager.
- Support the Head of Operations on other projects and tasks.
- Keep building interiors clean, safe, and orderly.
- Keep the exterior school grounds clean, safe, and neat.
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly, and annual inspections of buildings, janitorial, landscaping and all fire safety related equipment.
To join our team you must have...
- A High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance card
- Experience in building and facilities maintenance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time inside and outside of the building
- Ability to lift 50-100 pounds
- Experience with inventory tracking and systems.
- General knowledge and abilities in electrical, plumbing, carpentry.
- Great attitude:
- Have energy, enthusiasm, and confidence.
- Is friendly and patient when working around children and others.
- Works as a team player with supervisors and peers.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a desire to mentor others in support of Basis.
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.