Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Silicon Valley|
|Location:||San Jose, CA|
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is seeking qualified candidates for a Facilities Coordinator!
BASIS.ed is growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new talent to operate our schools. We are looking for a Facilities Coordinator to support the school's faculty and staff in meeting the mission of BASIS Schools.
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for managing various facility and operational aspects of the school that are critical to providing a successful educational environment to our students and staff. This is accomplished through detailed attention to the cleanliness and functional operability and safety of the physical school building.
The Facilities Coordinator will need to be resourceful in solving problems, be proactive in addressing potential issues, maintaining equipment and address facility needs with minimal direction. A successful candidate will enjoy working with school aged students.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and maintain the facilities, buildings and grounds and all equipment including IT, Fixed Assets, Cleaning supplies, test books, etc.
- Maintain all data and accounting for inventory.
- Work with vendors and oversee contractors as necessary.
- Support school events conducted at the facility and provide needed equipment and set-ups.
- Provide building security during times of school shut-down.
- Communicate effectively with your Facilities Manager.
- Support the Head of Operations on other projects and tasks.
- Keep building interiors clean, safe, and orderly.
- Keep the exterior school grounds clean, safe, and neat.
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly, and annual inspections of buildings, janitorial, landscaping and all fire safety related equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance is required to work at BASIS.
- Experience in building and facilities maintenance.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time inside and outside of the building,
- Ability to lift 50-100 pounds
- Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment.
- Experience with inventory tracking and systems.
- General knowledge and abilities in electrical, plumbing, carpentry.
- Great attitude:
- Have energy, enthusiasm, and confidence.
- Is friendly and patient when working around children and others.
- Works as a team player with supervisors and peers.
- Possess a strong work ethic and a desire to mentor others in support of Basis.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (for the purposes of this policy only collectively refers to BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Global, LLC., and BASIS Independent Schools, LLC.), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.