Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Oro Valley|
|Location:||Oro Valley, AZ|
BASIS is looking for a Facilities Assistant to assist with moving furniture, helping teachers pack and transport materials, doing book inventory, touch-up exterior painting, etc.
The Facilities Coordinator Assistant is responsible for providing various facility and operational services of the school that are critical to providing a successful educational environment to our students and staff. This is accomplished through detailed attention to the cleanliness and functional operability of the physical school building.
The Facilities Assistant will need to have basic skills in facility maintenance and repairs and to perform routine and non-routine janitorial services. A successful candidate will enjoy working with school aged students.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Facilities Coordinator in maintaining the facility, building and grounds and all equipment including IT, Fixed Assets, Cleaning supplies, test books, etc.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments (e.g. packaging, lifting, counting items for inventory)
- Provide general housekeeping services during school hours
- Assist the Facilities Coordinator with general repairs (electrical, plumbing, HVAC).
- Assist school teams with event set-up and tear-down.
- Support the Head of Operations on other projects and tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- Ability to obtain a valid fingerprint clearance is required to work at BASIS.
- Experience with janitorial or housekeeping services.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time inside and outside of the building and to lift items up to 60 pounds.
- Experience with building repairs and maintenance.
- Together with a high level of personal responsibility and optimism, a successful applicant will thrive in a fast-paced, achievement-oriented learning environment.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc. and BASIS Independent), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com/