Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS International School Hangzhou|
BASIS International Hangzhou is seeking qualified candidates for an ELL Coordiantor for the 2018/2019 school year!
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advocate for the academic and personal/social needs of English Language Learners.
- Support classroom teachers in the consistent implementation of programming, best practices, and recommendations for ELLs.
- Provide intervention support during academic times (especially Literacy and STEM times) in 5-9 classrooms.
- Plan and collaborate with 5-9 teachers to design and implement engaging instruction that leads to English language fluency in all content areas. Attend weekly planning sessions with classroom teachers to plan lessons, projects, and expeditions. Suggest accommodations and appropriate lesson structures to support identified and unidentified ELL students.
- Conduct, organize, and analyze on-going assessments of student performance using multiple assessment tools. Develop a process to assess ELLs? academic progress.
- Identify students who require English Language support and determine the level and nature of services for each student.
- Assist and support the development of a successful learning environment for ELL students in each classroom by providing school-wide support to teachers by facilitating clear planning around student needs and learning goals, differentiated instruction, and classrooms that support student success.
- Model best teaching practices for teachers with the goal of developing their capacity to support specialized instruction, differentiation, and classroom accommodations to support ELL students.
- Assist the development of curriculum to support ESL learners and facilitate their access to the world class education offered by BASIS International Hangzhou.
- Meet regularly with School Directors and other professionals as needed to discuss student progress and the performance of ELLs.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences as needed in support of ELLs.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree with a major (or 24+ credit hours) in the teaching subject, Advanced degree preferred. Must possess the required credentials to teach in your home country or state which may include a Bachelor's degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching. Must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred or a combination of subject matter undergraduate degree with a Master?s in Education. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children, not necessarily in the classroom, and be open to new ideas in teaching.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Job Reference #: 614876