Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS International Guangzhou|
Are you interested in joining the BASIS.ed family? BASIS International Guangzhou is seeking a ELL Coordinator for the 2017/18 school year!
BASIS.ed Teachers are part of one of the most collaborative and professional teaching communities. The flexibility over curriculum allows BASIS.ed Teachers to motivate students to reach their highest potential while preparing them for the demands of higher education and leading them to a rewarding career and global citizenship. BASIS.ed teachers spend more time teaching students and teaming up with fellow educators. They thrive on the autonomy and academic freedom to create dynamic lessons that provide students with new ideas and a fresh outlook on their future.
BASIS.ed is on a MISSION! BASIS.ed seeks to educate students across the world at an internationally competitive level. With raised academic expectations, implemented through an accelerated curriculum, BASIS.ed prepares students to compete with their peers in countries with high performing educational systems, such as Finland, Canada, Japan and Korea. The BASIS.ed educational philosophy, which is quite straightforward, rests on three legs: a rigorous curriculum, student accountability and knowledgeable and effective teachers.
BASIS International Guangzhou is seeking an ELL Expert who will oversee the delivery, instruction, and identification of English Language Learners (ELLs).
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Advocate for the academic and personal/social needs of English Language Learners.
- Support classroom teachers in the consistent implementation of programming, best practices, and recommendations for ELLs.
- Provide intervention support during academic times (especially Literacy and STEM times) in K-8 classrooms.
- Plan and collaborate with K-8 teachers to design and implement engaging instruction that leads to English language fluency in all content areas. Attend weekly planning sessions with classroom teachers to plan lessons, projects, and expeditions. Suggest accommodations and appropriate lesson structures to support identified and unidentified ELL students.
- Conduct, organize, and analyze on-going assessments of student performance using multiple assessment tools. Develop a process to assess ELLs’ academic progress.
- Identify students who require English Language support and determine the level and nature of services for each student.
- Assist and support the development of a successful learning environment for ELL students in each classroom by providing school-wide support to teachers by facilitating clear planning around student needs and learning goals, differentiated instruction, and classrooms that support student success.
- Model best teaching practices for teachers with the goal of developing their capacity to support specialized instruction, differentiation, and classroom accommodations to support ELL students.
- Assist the development of curriculum to support ESL learners and facilitate their access to the world class education offered by BASIS International Shenzhen.
- Meet regularly with School Directors and other professionals as needed to discuss student progress and the performance of ELLs.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences as needed in support of ELLs.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree with a major (or 24+ credit hours) in the teaching subject, Advanced degree preferred. Must possess the required credentials to teach in your home country or state which may include a Bachelor's degree and documentation of passage of a state authorized subject test in the teaching. Must have a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Subject matter postgraduate work (Master's or Ph.D.) is preferred or a combination of subject matter undergraduate degree with a Master’s in Education. Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence. Critically, an applicant must possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, experience working with children, not necessarily in the classroom, and be open to new ideas in teaching.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.
Job Reference #: 442304