Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Director of Student Affairs
Director of Student Affairs
|Office:||BASIS Independent Manhattan|
BASIS Independent Manhattan is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Student Affairs!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
BASIS Independent Manhattan, a K-8 school, is seeking a Director of Student Affairs to support a culture of academic excellence and ensure the success of our students. This position is highly focused on academics, and is responsible for establishing student support programs that lead to exceptional student outcomes. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, our Director of Student Affairs will take a data driven approach to assessing student needs, and thus allocate the resources needed to enhance their educational experience.
- Establish, coordinate, and effectively communicate academic and behavioral performance plans with students, teachers, and parents.
- Provide support to teachers regarding student achievement, classroom management, and overall best practices.
- Lead grade team level meetings and staff meetings.
- Monitor student academic performance.
- Work closely with the administrative team to provide both academic support and social-emotional support for all students.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree with appropriate clearance.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an educational environment, preferably within an administrative role.
- Sound understanding of academic plans and approaches to learning.
- Extensive experience working with elementary and middle school students.
- Experience in tutoring or case management is preferred.
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence.
- Critically, an applicant should possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, and be open to new ideas in education.
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Job Reference #: 504262