Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Director of Student Affairs
Director of Student Affairs
|Office:||BASIS Independent Manhattan|
Who we are …
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Our schools provide a joyful learning community, where hard work is celebrated, and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. We teach the BASIS Curriculum, a PreK-12th grade liberal arts and sciences program that is globally benchmarked against the top-performing schools and national systems in the world.
In just three years we have established six highly-regarded schools in dynamic metropolitan areas across the U.S. and the world – New York City, Silicon Valley / San Francisco Bay Area, metropolitan Washington D.C. / Northern Virginia, and Shenzhen, China -- with more campuses opening in the coming years.
Our second campus in New York City, BASIS Independent Manhattan, is building a team of highly-talented, passionate, and hardworking educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you will do around here …
BASIS Independent Manhattan will be a K-8 school, and is seeking a Director of Student Affairs to support a culture of academic excellence and ensure the success of our students.
This position is highly focused on academics, and is responsible for establishing student support programs that lead to exceptional student outcomes. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, our Director of Student Affairs will take a data driven approach to assessing student needs, and thus allocate the resources needed to enhance their educational experience.
You can expect to …
- Establish, coordinate, and effectively communicate academic and behavioral performance plans with students, teachers, and parents.
- Provide support to teachers regarding student achievement, classroom management, and overall best practices.
- Lead grade team level meetings and staff meetings.
- Monitor student academic performance.
- Work closely with the administrative team to provide both academic support and social-emotional support for all students.
To join our team you must have …
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree with appropriate clearance.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an educational environment, preferably within an administrative role.
- Sound understanding of academic plans and approaches to learning.
- Extensive experience working with elementary and middle school students.
The ideal candidate will possess characteristics including …
- Experience in tutoring or case management is preferred.
- Together with a high level of educational attainment, a successful applicant will demonstrate strong communication skills in teaching ideas, texts, and concepts with precision and confidence.
- Critically, an applicant should possess a high GPA in his/her major, excellent recommendations, and be open to new ideas in education.
The nitty gritty …
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent offers a comprehensive benefits package.
BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed and BASIS Independent Schools), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.
Job Reference #: 504262