Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Director of Operations
Director of Operations
|Office:||BASIS Global Scottsdale|
Who we are...
BASIS Global was founded in 2015 to bring the nationally and globally-ranked BASIS Curriculum Schools program to the international market. In our founding year, we established our first international school (PK-12) in one of the world's most dynamic regions: Shenzhen, China. Our second international school will open in Guangzhou, China in the fall of 2017, and we have plans for two more international school openings in 2018. BASIS Global is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working individuals to ensure that students all over the world can have access to a BASIS Curriculum Schools education. Join us!
What we are seeking...
BASIS Global is looking for a Director of Operations to build and support highly functional operational infrastructure tools to support our international growth. The ideal candidate would possess experience in both operations and marketing within a fast-paced, education-focused environment. You will use your creativity and sound understanding of business and operational practices to expand and improve the quality and efficiency of new school openings. Your marketing knowledge will be put to work to help with student and host family recruitment for our International Student Program, and to support the enrollment marketing needs of our growing international schools. Your ability to adapt to and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment will constantly be tapped as you look for new ways to improve services, processes and programs related to international growth. You will drive results through tireless work ethic, meeting deadlines and knowing where the team stands in progressing toward key targets and goals.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist VP of Operations with day to day office and program operational support
- Create, refine and track new school processes, tasks and timelines
- Work with our local partner / and school start-up teams to keep new school timeline tasks on track
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies related to new school openings and International Student program, and maintain documentation of policies and procedures
- Assist with research in potential new international markets, maintain database of findings
- Assist with vendor contracts and management
- Manage design / branding / marketing projects for schools and International Student Program
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
To join our team you must have...
- An advanced understanding of project management practices and tools
- A solid understanding of effective marketing and social media mediums / tools
- A strong customer service / team player mentality
- Excellent organization, high attention to detail, and a penchant for process tracking, documentation and development
- Strong vendor / partner relations skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial/start-up environment and adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or work experience in a related field such as office, facilities, project or operations management
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and a collaborative management style.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view and creatively problem solve on the fly
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as needed
- Strong work-ethic and desire to help wherever and whenever needed
- Must be a self-starter and a supportive team player
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Passion for education
- Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook, Project) advanced skills are essential
Benefits and Salary?
Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Global offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.
Job Reference #: 550496