Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Director of Human Resources
Director of Human Resources
|Office:||BASIS Independent Schools Central Office - Scottsdale|
WHO WE ARE
Our mission is redefining education by raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. BASIS Independent Schools provide a joyful learning community, where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established six highly-regarded schools (K-12) in some of the world’s most dynamic regions – New York, Silicon Valley, Northern Virginia, and Shenzhen, China, with more campuses opening in the coming years. We are building a team of highly-talented, passionate and hardworking people to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking a Director of Human Resources to build a new central Human Resources department from the ground up. In this leadership role, you will oversee Human Resources services, manage the design and delivery of employee information systems and work to set the overall Human Resources strategy for BASIS Independent. The successful candidate will be a strategic, entrepreneurial, and innovative individual who has the necessary experience to work independently to create and lead a department that services 400+ employees across the world. The position has high accountability and reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide leadership and drive strategy in HR systems, services and solutions and provide thought leadership on emerging trends
- Assist with change management in the Human Resources solutions area for both HR specific and other employee programs as needed
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Develop policy and provide sound recommendations to create a positive employee experience and an environment that fosters hard work, collaboration and furthers the mission of the organization
Employee Support & Relations
- Provide support to operations leadership on performance issues, employee relations, conflict resolution, progressive discipline and investigations including management referrals to the EAP
- Formulate and recommend goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations, including a system to monitor and track complaint outcomes as well as report trends to senior management
- Serve as the point of contact for employee concerns & complaints; lead investigations
- Manage the development and ongoing interpretation of the Employee Handbooks
- Develop and implement an Exit Interview process and requisite reporting
- Develop and guide administration of talent and performance management programs
- Recommend new policies, procedures and approaches to HR and Employee Relations functions
Employee Information Systems
- Create cross-functional alignment with other Information System leaders within BASIS Independent and within our education management provider, BASIS.ed
- Build and manage collaborative partnerships with the executive leadership team
- Work with the BASIS.ed IT department to continually improve systems and processes
- Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer and other BASIS Independent executives to ensure employee systems decisions are aligned with overall business strategy and systems architecture
- Oversee benefits administration, onboarding, change requests, leave and all other HR Operations functions
- Develop reporting metrics to quantify and assess services
- Document business processes
- Identify and implement opportunities for greater efficiencies and service
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Knowledge of HR operations and service offerings: payroll, benefits, onboarding, policy development, etc.
- Expertise with employment laws and employer obligations and requirements
- Understanding of HRIS Systems design, deployment and management to include ATS, Employee DB, Payroll, Performance Management, etc.
- Extensive professional coaching and performance management experience
- Ability to prioritize and work on a number of projects at once
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, willing to take risks in a demanding start-up culture
- Strong work ethic as an individual contributor
- High personal integrity and ethical sensitivity
- Strong team building and coaching skills
Required: A Bachelor's degree and 7+ years of experience in leading human resources functions, 5+ years with HRIS management responsibilities.
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Advanced degree or certificate in human resources, business, management, education, public administration, or PHR/SPHR certification.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION:
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent offers a comprehensive benefits package.
BASIS (collectively, BASIS Independent and BASIS Independent Schools), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.