Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Director of Development
Director of Development
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed Central Office Scottsdale is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Development!
This position will lead the Office of Development to fulfill the mission and growth plans of BASIS charter schools. The Development Department is responsible for all aspects of the development and fundraising program, including annual giving, major gifts, individual giving, and corporate sponsorship support for events. The Director reports to the CEO of BASIS.ed and will manage a Development Manager and a Specialist.
Primary Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, implement and execute a comprehensive fundraising and development program to leverage existing donors, identify new prospects, and steward supporters.
- Grow the Annual Teacher Fund by 10% annually in parent and corporate giving, and by 5% annually in parent participation per school.
- Achieve the established revenue and timeline goals for the Capital Campaigns including South Phoenix, Tucson South and Scottsdale, and grow the corporate, individual and foundation gifts by 25% in FY18.
- The Development Director will utilize communications, events, and school functions, as well as leverage the Board of Directors and the CEO.
- Cultivate relationships with donors and leadership prospects in order to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization.
- Support the BASIS charter schools' Annual Teacher Fund campaign by developing parent communication and engagement plans, defining corporate outreach strategies, structuring fundraising events, creating metrics and reports, and providing guidance and coaching for each school to support their growth.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting and projections to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Determine the information technology systems and data management needs to support the function. Within 3 months, provide a report to the CEO that summarizes the status of the current structure and make specific recommendations for maintenance and/or improvement.
- Create and execute successful strategies for all special events, including the highly anticipated Founder's Circle galas. Duties include: developing effective and timely parent and sponsor communications, creating the program agenda, managing vendors, coordinating event logistics, securing sponsors, and creating recognition opportunities.
- Develop a comprehensive communications plan, which includes, but is not limited to managing all BASIS charter school: fundraising web pages, campaign marketing materials, donor plaques, and providing strategic direction on the philanthropy section of the annual Outcomes magazine.
- Build the Development function, and identify and manage volunteers.
- Implement development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles and adhere to best practices as outlined by the AFP.
- Must have a passion for education.
- Should possess the ability to navigate and succeed in a complex environment with unique political and socio-economic considerations
- The successful candidate will be skilled in handling objections, and will be proficient in understanding the nuances of fundraising for a high-performing public charter school
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration or work experience in a related field such as fundraising, development, sales or relationship management
- Possess fundraising and philanthropy knowledge and experience
- Ability to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Strong work-ethic and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Must be a self-starter and a supportive cross-functional team player
- Microsoft Office Suite experience is essential
- CRM experience a plus
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.