Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Dean of Students
Dean of Students
|Office:||BASIS Independent Manhattan|
BASIS Independent Manhattan is seeking qualified candidates for a Dean of Students for the 2017/2018 school year!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
Help lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement oriented school culture. As Dean of Students you will manage the behavior programs for the school and establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students at school.
- Support teachers to resolve differences in communication with parents and students
- Organize and reviews results of assessment of numeracy and reading comprehension and problem solving skills for any new student, state required assessments, Comprehensive or Curriculum Gains BASIS program
- Review progress reports, mid-semester reports
- Organize and executes student academic and behavior support
- Manage Teaching Fellows assigned to designated grades
- Maintain student discipline and follows through with documentation
- Coordinate the planning and preparation for new student orientation
- Communicate and meet with parents regarding student performance and/or conduct
- Participate in the development of academic and student schedules
- Participate in the planning and execution of standardized assessments
- Support teachers in building positive relationships with parents
- Coordinate student academic support interventions
- Participate in all faculty and staff meetings
- Organize students arrival and dismissal
To join our team you must...
- Have a strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Curriculum
- Have relationship building skills
- Have an ability to effectively analyze data to improve student achievement
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have an ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Have excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
- Have an ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintain high professional standards
- Have exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Have an outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Have patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
Bachelor's required, Master's preferred
3-5 years' experience in an elementary school setting, preferably charter or independent
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.
Job Reference #: 581123