Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Manhattan|
Who we are …
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Our schools provide a joyful learning community, where hard work is celebrated, and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. We teach the BASIS Curriculum, a PreK-12th grade liberal arts and sciences program that is globally benchmarked against the top-performing schools and national systems in the world.
In just three years we have established six highly-regarded schools in dynamic metropolitan areas across the U.S. and the world – New York City, Silicon Valley / San Francisco Bay Area, metropolitan Washington D.C. / Northern Virginia, and Shenzhen, China -- with more campuses opening in the coming years.
Our second campus in New York City, BASIS Independent Manhattan, is building a team of highly-talented, passionate, and hardworking educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you will do around here …
BASIS Independent Manhattan will be a K-8 school, and is seeking a Curriculum Coordinator/ Registrar to support our culture of academic excellence and ensure the success of our students.
This position is all about systems and organization, and requires great attention to detail due to the complex elements of our dynamic instructional program. With so many moving parts, we need someone that can simultaneously see the big picture and also get quickly to the smallest details. Through elevated expectations and a willingness to ensure that all teachers, staff, and students have the support they need to be successful, our Registrar/Curriculum Coordinator will take a meticulous approach to managing student records and scheduling of the curriculum in order to enhance the educational experience.
You can expect to …
- Organize and manage registration records of new students; maintain cumulative files and update school management platform (PowerSchool); and facilitate reporting to state and federal agencies.
- Coordinate student enrollment and withdrawal process; cultivate interest lists and communicate with prospective families; and collaborate on community outreach and school tours.
- Create and maintain student schedules, teacher schedules, and room schedules.
- Monitor BASIS.ed curriculum and assessment systems; train/support teachers and staff using these systems.
- Coordinate administration of internal benchmark tests and external standardized assessments.
To join our team you must have …
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree with appropriate clearance.
- A minimum of two (2) years of administrative experience, a school setting or youth-serving organization is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and a scrupulous attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will possess characteristics including …
- Experience with school management systems and a high proficiency with data management software.
- An optimistic approach to problem solving, empathy for those facing regular deadlines, and strong communication skills with colleagues and families.
- The ability to respond to problems in the short-term and retain those solutions for long-term implementation.
- A readiness to adapt to a fast-paced and achievement-oriented work environment and an openness to innovative thinking in schools and education.
The nitty gritty …
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent offers a comprehensive benefits package.
BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed and BASIS Independent Schools), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.
Job Reference #: 517055