Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Schools Central Office - New York City|
|Location:||New York City, NY|
BASIS Independent Schools Central Office in New York City is seeking qualified candidates for a Content Writer!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you will do around here...
You will be a key member of our central marketing and enrollment team as the go-to content writer for all things marketing and central communications. This includes: website updates and maintenance, blogs, paid content placements, ads, campaign landing pages, print material, and select internal communications. You will use your SEO expertise to write copy that is on-brand, clear, and successfully presents complex information in the most compelling way possible to internal stakeholders and prospective families. You will make certain that assets used to promote our campuses are error free and as contextually relevant as possible (you understand that writing for web is different than writing for a print piece). You will play a key role in any long term content projects such as brochure re-writes and website overhauls.
You can expect to...
- Write with creativity, diligence, and key attention to detail and brand on both quick turn-around projects like flyers for school events, as well as long term strategic initiatives, like website overhauls
- Own landing page content creation under direction from the central marketing team in service of local enrollment team needs.
- Play an important role in the growth of the BASIS Independent Schools brand through oversight of BASIS Independent Schools central social media platforms such as a Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Collaborate with local PR teams, proofing, optimizing, and generating press releases as needed
- Maintain an editorial calendar for all BASIS Independent Schools, coordinate campaigns with local schools, and run central campaigns as needed.
- Own a content audit process to maintain integrity of all written communications ? in owned, earned, and paid media.
- Ensure that internal communications of significance are well positioned and accurate.
To join our team you must...
Be a roll-up-the-sleeves kind of person, always bringing your most creative self to the table. You must be meticulous about documenting your work, diligent about measuring your efforts, and unfailing in using your hawk-eye attention to detail. You must have a knack for understanding organizational and enrollment needs and how to best use the written word and written assets to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated mastery of the written word; your work is prolific and your writing inspiring (and error free)
- Passion for education and belief in the mission of BASIS Independent Schools
- Understanding of SEO best-practices
- Prior work experience with inbound marketing software
- Experience working within an innovative, fast-growing, results-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfort generating content as well as editing content
- Unsurpassed written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing for an educational institution or an organization with a parent audience is a big plus
- HTML and Web Design skills are also a big plus
Required: A Bachelor's degree, but please know that your love of writing is more important than what you studied. Candidates with diverse experiences are encouraged to apply!
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.