Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Fremont|
BASIS Independent Fremont is seeking qualified candidates for a Communications Manager!
Who we are...
Our mission is redefining education by raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. BASIS Independent Schools provide a joyful learning community, where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established six highly-regarded BASIS Curriculum schools (K-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of highly-talented, passionate and hardworking professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
You can expect to...
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking a Communications Manager to join our energetic, passionate school community. In this role you will be instrumental in driving both the strategy and execution of internal stakeholder communications, as well playing a crucial role in communicating the vitality of our program to prospective families, the network, and to our local community. Your ability to anticipate and respond to both the communication needs and wants of our internal stakeholders will constantly be tapped while you act as the "storyteller in residence" for our schools. In this unique role you will be successful in using communications to share the program in a timely and accurate way with our parents and the larger community. Your role will also be responsible for the engagement of both our parent and prospective parent population; which entails actively spearheading, implementing, or participating in school events and committees. The position directly reports to the Head of School at BASIS Independent Manhattan, with indirect accountability to the BASIS Independent Schools Managing Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Regularly collaborate with the head of school, senior administration, and the admissions team to develop and implement communications strategies to create relevant and accurate communications about the school program to our families and to broaden the awareness of BASIS Independent Manhattan
- Actively assist admissions in their communications efforts, including establishing and facilitating a welcome committee, an admissions newsletter, posting to social media and event calendars, phone calls, and attending admissions events
- Generate content based on a collaboratively developed editorial calendar to highlight curricular achievements, cultural values, and community events
- Lead the creation, edits, and the deployment of the weekly newsletter and of all as-needed internal and external school communications
- Regularly create content (blog posts, tweets, photos, videos, notes of meetings) used in school newsletters, social media, admissions communications, or the yearbook
- Proactively manage and monitor all social media sites including Great Schools, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google +, Niche.com
- Maintain and manage the school portal
- Develop and manage parent and community events
- Identify the need for committees and act as their main point of contact
- Actively pitch media on school or network stories and act as a media liaison for external inquiries (outside of general enrollment inquiries), overseeing organizational response in close collaboration with key internal stakeholders
- Ensure clarity, efficacy, and consistency of messaging across departments (academic newsletters, administrative policy, auxiliary programming, college counseling, media relations, admissions, etc.)
- Achieve tangible outcomes via external partnerships and earned media that enhance the prestige of the school and increase opportunities for students/families (internships, research)
- Manage media release permissions and ensure balanced student/family representation within school publications
- Oversee execution of and contribution to a twice yearly survey monitoring student and parent satisfaction
To join our team you must..
- Have a unique gift for storytelling and communications
- Have keen attention to detail
- Have passion for education and the mission of BASIS Independent Schools
- Be a voracious learner - you keep on top of trends in communications, particularly in the digital and social media space
- Be excited at the prospect of establishing and improving upon best practices in communications
- Be a self-starter who can prioritize and work on a number of projects at once
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Have superior judgement in crisis scenarios
- Have a collaborative attitude - you must be a team player
- Have persistence and uncanny project management skills
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Writing, PR, or a related field, plus 5 years in a similar role, ideally for an early-stage organization (start-up).
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC and BASIS Global, LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. All of these entities expressly prohibit any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.