Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
BASIS.ed J-1 Teacher Program
BASIS.ed J-1 Teacher Program
|Office:||Phoenix Metro Area|
Are you a foreign teacher interested in working in America?
BASIS.ed seeks for and employs some of the best teachers around the world. The BASIS.ed J-1 Teacher Program allows qualified, expert teachers from around the world teach in the BASIS.ed Network of schools in the United States for up 5 years.
Teaching at schools in the BASIS.ed Network allows you the opportunity to work with other exceptional educators, teach highly engaged students, and see and participate in the world-class academic environment of our schools.
Across all disciplines, you, as a Subject Expert Teacher, have the opportunity to share your passion for teaching and create a powerful learning experience for your students. To qualify for the BASIS.ed J-1 Teacher Program, you must have:
- A degree-equivalent to a U.S. bachelor?s degree in either education or the academic subject field in which they intend to teach, Master's degree preferred (Elementary or Early Learning Education for Primary School Learning Expert Teachers)
- Be working as a teacher in the home country or country of legal residence at the time of application, or, if not working as a teacher, otherwise meet the eligibility qualifications and (a) have recently (within 12 months of application) completed an advanced degree and (b) have two years of full-time teaching experience within the past eight years
- Have a minimum of two years (24 months) of teaching or related professional experience
- Meet all necessary qualifications to teach your subject at the designated level (Primary/Elementary, Middle School, High School) in your home country, including any necessary Teaching Certificate or designations
- The ability to successfully pass an extensive criminal check in your home country
- Have a passion for your subject and a passion for teaching
- The ability to connect with young students
- Approval from your home school to participate in the cultural exchange of coming to the United States
If you are interested in teaching in the BASIS.ed Network in the United States, apply now!
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.
Job Reference #: 621353