Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Associate Director of Admissions
Associate Director of Admissions
|Office:||BASIS Independent McLean|
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years.
BASIS Independent Mclean, a PK-12 program in Tysons, is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working professionals to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you will do around here...
In this role, you are responsible for putting into play your love for education and your project management expertise, to support the goals and objectives of the team, in addition to helping connect the school to families that are a strong fit for our acclaimed academic program.
You embrace the opportunity to expand your skills and truly grow in an entrepreneurial environment. You will drive results through your tireless work ethic and consistently do what is needed, when it is needed -- to enroll mission-appropriate students into our program.
You can expect to...
- Partner with admissions leadership to plan, develop and execute student recruitment strategies to drive application growth and achieve enrollment goals
- Increase awareness of our school admissions through outreach, which includes building relationships with local companies, organizations, associations, communities, and currently enrolled and new families
- Participate in or lead family meetings, tours, and entrance exam sessions and playdates, information sessions, open houses, and other admissions related events
- Direct our Student Ambassador and Shadow Program
- Coordinate enrollment events from concept to implementation
- Have the ability to speak with prospective families knowledgeably and confidently about the school's program
- Support the follow-up with families who are in our admissions pipeline which will include phone calls and e-mails to those on our interest list to build relationships with new families and students, address questions, re-register them for admissions events or connect prospective families with faculty and staff pending on requests
- Write and send enrollment newsletters, blog posts, and other communication to our interest list
- Be the go-to-person for managing and executing our CRM; training will be provided
- Responsible for meeting specific lead and enrollment goals and benchmarks
- Building and maintaining a calendar of events for the year and overseeing registration and preparation (logistics, setup, etc.) for admissions events
- Creating and maintaining outreach list
- Updating PowerPoint presentations
- Setting-up and preparing admissions events
- Evaluating enrollment data with admissions leadership to determine success of marketing efforts and provide analysis that can be translated into enrollment strategies
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial/start-up environment and adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Big picture thinker
- Strong understanding of admissions funnel and how to optimally engage at each stage
- Database maintenance
- Organization and high attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or communications or work experience in a related field such as sales, fundraising, marketing, media planning, advertising, strategic planning
- Experience within education or a true passion for working within PK-12 education
- Must be comfortable with nontraditional work hours; evenings and some weekends per month are a must
- Social media experience
- Microsoft Office (Word, PPT, Excel) skills are absolutely essential
- Strong work-ethic, must be a self-starter and a passion for education
- Must be goal oriented and driven to accomplish defined objectives
- Goal driven
Additional Job Information:
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC and BASIS Global, LLC are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. All of these entities expressly prohibit any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.
Job Reference #: 606316