Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS Independent Silicon Valley|
|Location:||San Jose, CA|
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is seeking qualified candidates for a Admissions Manager!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
BASIS Independent Schools is seeking a driven, personable, detail-orientated, and highly organized Admissions Manager, to own and lead the admissions process. This position provides a unique and exciting opportunity to participate in the founding of our school, work directly with the leadership of the institution and with a talented and passionate marketing and admissions team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Outreach, this role will have extensive interaction with parents and students. The ideal candidate will be passionate and articulate about sharing with families our nationally recognized program, will have excellent communication skills and be goal driven. The candidate must be comfortable working with database systems and Excel.
You can expect to...
- Manages the full-cycle admissions process from application submission to enrollment. This includes organizing and building the calendar for family meetings and entrance exams in our application database.
- Actively maintains prospect pipeline including creating a file once an application is submitted, actively completing incomplete applications, moving completed applications to review, and once a decision is made, notifying families through our application database.
- Administering online entrance exams and family meetings as necessary.
- Communicates admissions decisions to families in a timely manner.
- Maintains the integrity of all admissions records, tracks applicant status, and assists applicants in the admissions and enrollment process.
- Ensures a positive experience for prospective parents and students by providing excellent customer service, including answering applicants' questions throughout the application process.
- In conjunction with the marketing team, recruits families to enroll at BASIS Independent
- Represents the school and disseminates appropriate information to prospective students and other interested parties.
- Works with marketing teams and the Registrar, and coordinates and attends admissions activities, including information meetings, school tours, individual meetings, and student testing.
- Works cooperatively to provide appropriate data for purposes of reporting and research.
- Assists school communications team with internal and external communications projects
To join our team you must...
- Exceptional organizational and detail-management skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible work schedule is a must, including evenings and weekends to attend Information Sessions, Admissions Events and Community Events.
- Customer-service oriented with a clear drive to play a leading role in building the student body
- Superior follow-up skills with ability to guide prospects to positive conclusion
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Enjoys working in an environment serving children
- Navigate and maintain database integrity
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years in a sales, customer service, marketing role, or similar
- Experience working with young students is highly preferred
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.