Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
Admissions Coordinator (Temporary)
Admissions Coordinator (Temporary)
|Office:||BASIS Independent Silicon Valley|
|Location:||San Jose, CA|
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is seeking qualified candidates for a temporary Admissions Coordinator!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just three years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
The Admissions Coordinator is responsible for supporting the admissions team on logistics and administrative detail while overseeing the entire admission process, and making sure it runs smoothly. As our Admissions Coordinator, you must comfortably wear many hats, and embrace the opportunity to grow and expand your skills in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. You will drive results through a tireless work ethic, doing whatever is needed when it is needed, to enroll mission appropriate students into our world-class program.
You can expect to...
- Manage and own an important piece of the admissions process, which includes ensuring applicants submit all necessary application deliverables (transcripts, teacher recommendation letters and scheduled meetings including family meetings, playdates and entrance exams).
- Conduct comprehensive follow up on those who have registered for and attended Information Sessions, School Tours or other Admissions events. Keeps a call log of all activity.
- Orchestrate event management including planning, setting up and tearing down of events. Purchases or orders refreshments and snacks for events. Ensures all materials are prepared for events, including required forms and admissions folders.
- Facilitate and processes billing (Marketing, Supplies, Events, etc.).
- Submit materials to vendors for production and ensures timely delivery of those materials (printouts, signs, etc.).
- May contact marketing media vendors to collect information, follow up on billing, ask for proposals.
- General Management of administrative detail, keeping projects on schedule.
- Update and pursue delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
- Order supplies to ensure availability when needed.
- Compose correspondence/reports as required in support of management team.
- Open, handle or disperse mail.
- Arrange and attend conference calls.
- Keep team updated on new or changing priorities.
- Handle all inquiries within own capacity.
- Arrange "callbacks" and post on managers' calendars.
- Provide back-up materials for callbacks.
- Route calls as needed.
- Draft response emails.
- Work well with confidential material, and assures discreet handling of all business and communication.
- Arrange travel through internal or outside agents.
- Develop and maintain electronic and paper files.
- Understand, control and ensure accuracy of budgets and expenditures.
To join our team you must...
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully manage detailed logistics and program operations.
- Self-starter and effective time manager.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high-energy, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be comfortable with nontraditional work hours: evenings and some weekends (primarily for events, but also project-based) are a must.
- Prior experience in an educational organization or entrepreneurial environment.
- Able and willing to travel to schools out of state.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 1-3 years of administrative experience.
- IT literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel including reporting skills as well as e-mail and the Internet is a must.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The Nitty Gritty...
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (collectively, BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, BASIS Global LLC, and BASIS Educational Ventures, LLC), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment. For additional information, please visit our Careers website at http://jobs.basised.com.