Join our Talent Community. You’re not applying to a specific position, but we may consider you for an opportunity that opens on a later date.Join our Talent Community
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed, the Education Management Organization for many of the high performing schools in the United States, is seeking an Independent School Accounting Manager.
The Accountant II is responsible for all areas relating to independent school accounting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. Strong GL and reconciliation skills required.
The successful candidate will be someone that can thrive in the BASIS.ed culture; a culture that is known for innovation, empowerment, and execution with urgency and accuracy. There is strong growth opportunity with the company for the successful candidate.
- Perform accounting operations including billing, A/R, GL and inventory controls
- Manage A/P through A/P specialist
- Manage and comply with all local, state and federal tax reporting requirements
- Coordinate all external financial reporting requirements
- Coordinate external audit compliance as necessary
- Maintain all accounting records and documentation
- Maintain chart of accounts
- Analyze financial information detailing revenues and expenses, prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports
- Budget development, maintenance, and variance analysis
- Work with the school business managers to ensure school accounting and reporting needs are met
- Personal computer skills, to include extensive knowledge of Excel
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and direct projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of financial analyses and accounting practices
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 3 to 5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Ability to work and problem solve independently
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong Communication and Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Intacct, Concur, and/or Adaptive Insights a plus
- Advanced degree
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Pay for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Note: BASIS (for the purposes of this policy only collectively refers to BASIS.ed, BASIS Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BASIS Global, LLC., and BASIS Independent Schools, LLC.), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned without discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by law. BASIS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment.